Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy One Year!‏

16 Junio 2014

HOLA familia y amigos!!

This week, I turned one! I have been a missionary for 1 year now.  Wow, it has been a week of a lot of reflection and mind blowing thoughts of how blessed I have been in the Lord's service. Oh man, it has been a difficult week too! It truly can be a struggle every day.  Yes, we see miracles and I love being a missionary, but its hard for me to stay positive sometimes, and work through things mentally, especially when I think about all that I miss back home! So much that I love here, and at the same time feeling a bit overwhelmed with all there is to do, and knowing that change is coming next transfer, and my companion will be home soon with her family, that can be hard. All in all, sacrifices bring forth the blessings of heaven right, I firmly believe in that.

I don't have much time this week, but just so you know, Victor will be baptized this coming Saturday, instead of two days ago. Wow, its been a journey this week. It continues to amaze me the faith that this man has, and how God truly prepared him. We realized that he lives with Alison and the mother of his daughter in the same piso [apartment], and that to fully live the Law of Chastity he needs to move out (even though he only lives there to for the benefit of Alison and they live in separate rooms) We had a lesson with him last Monday to tell him the news...my heart just hurt so bad as he replied and said that he just recently moved there because Alison and Veronica lived there alone, but one day he walked in and she was crying... they had been robbed. He moved back in to protect them. BUT he immediately said, wow, I wish I knew before. I am definitely willing to move out if that is what needs to be done, I just want you two to explain it to Alison, so that she isn't against the church or me when she sees I have to move out. It amazed me how trusting he is and especially the love he has for his daughter.

So we did a family home evening at their house, ate some yummy pizza and brownies with ice cream, and taught a lesson about families and feeling the spirit :) it sure was fun to get to know Alison better and play with her :) she is an incredible smart and loving little girl. She cried a bit when we talked about the changes she has seen in her daddy, she said that he is so much happier! And Victor couldn't stop smiling as she said she loves him so much! So all in all, to give him time to find a new piso, he will be baptized this coming Saturday.

In Second Nefi [Nephi] chapter four (MY FAVORITE CHAPTER OF THE BOOK OF MORMON!) I am reminded of how each of us should feel if we are truly converted to the gospel. I love it :) this will always remind me of Victor and his journey... and the true meaning of conversion.

20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.

21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.

22 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.

23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.

24 And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.

34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

I love verse 34, I will trust in the Lord forever! I love seeing the change in people´s countenance when they feel the Lord´s influence little by little. I love watching them reach a point that they only want to do good and be better. Luis sure has changed a lot too, I will have to send you a picture of him, he looks like a different person!

I hope you have a great week! Please pray for me as I am to receive a new companion and lots of changes are happening, and pray for Victor please!!

I love you all so much!


Love,

Hermana Mather

p.s. it was 94 degrees yesterday, and it feels the same today. I am going to die here this summer!!!


The Sunday Luis was baptized!

On a hike last week...

... by the ocean...

Victor, Elder Bird, and I
Thank goodness we work out for 30 minutes every morning...
it was hard holding that rock up.


Victor, Sergio, Elder Bird, Elder Parkinson, Hermana Burgos and I

Hermana Burgos and I


No comments:

Post a Comment