Monday, December 30, 2013

El Testimonio de la Hermana Mather [The Testimony of Sister Mather]

2 December 2013  [a written letter written in Spanish (below) and translated by her brother Nathan]

During my mission, I have realized that the gift of life is beautiful.  Life is precious, and my family is extremely important to me.  I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and can bring us closer together as families.  This book testifies of God’s love and concern for us.  God wants us to return to him and live forever.  To achieve this goal, God has provided a plan … a marvelous plan!  A plan of happiness!  The Book of Mormon says many times that the Plan of Salvation has been prepared from the foundation of the world.  I know that we accepted this plan before living on the earth.  We saw all of the challenges, difficulties, problems, and sorrows in the pre-earth life, but instead, more importantly, we saw the family, the moments of inexpressible joy that come from obedience to God’s commandments.  I have met many people here in Spain, and all have their own difficulties, but no matter their circumstances, the gospel of Jesus Christ brings them security and reason to keep moving forward and fight for the good in life.

In the beginning, we accepted this plan as spirits – to obtain a body and live outside of the presence of God.  We knew that it would be difficult and that we would fall.  But most of all we knew there would be a Savior, our brother Jesus Christ.  The coming of Jesus Christ to earth gives us an example of a perfect life and of God’s love for us.  God showed His love for us by sending us His Son and Jesus Christ showed us His love by sacrificing himself for us.  I love my Savior.  I know that only through Christ, we can be clean and overcome our imperfections and sins.  Only by the sacrifice of Christ.  Life is difficult!  My mission isn't easy either, but it is one of the times of humility that I see the power of Christ the most.  Christ has sustained and lifted me.  At times, He is the only One that understands what we go through – the sorrows, the disappointments, our thoughts, sicknesses, etc.  Only He knows.  Thanks to Jesus Christ we always have the one friend in the entire world that never failed us (Romans 8:28-29).  I have seen the power of the Christ’s grace by pressing forward when I think that I can’t.  In truth, I can’t according to my strengths, but with God all things are possible.  ANYTHING.  Because of this, I want to remember the sufferings of Christ every day of my life, because it makes me think how I can improve and serve others.  I am extremely thankful for the atonement, this miracle in my life, and I want to share it with everyone!  Only through the atonement, we can feel clean of our sins and receive the power of the Father.

I love my family and I know that it is ordained of God.  It is in the family that we can feel the most joy and pain because we have close ties.  In my patriarchal blessing, it says that, “you were blessed to be born into a family of parents and siblings who love you.  Memories and experiences with your family will be significant to you for the duration of your life.  You will remember the experiences that you learned at the feet of your parents and the special feelings and relations with your siblings, and these things will strengthen you.”  I don’t have my family by coincidence.  They are the ones that help me in any moment and we were ordained to be a family before the foundation of the world.  The principles I learned at the feet of my family mean the world to me and God knew that I would need good parents and siblings.  Truthfully, these relationships strengthen me and support me in difficult times.  My testimony grows with the support of my beautiful family.

I testify that God’s power is real.  According to my own strength, I’m weak (Alma 26:12), but when I can’t continue moving forward, the Lord comes and lifts me up.  In fact, God is there every step along the path.

I know that everyone on earth is fallen and imperfect.  God only has imperfect people to work with.  More than ever I see my weaknesses every day, but I have seen that God uses us to work miracles.  There are people prepared for this gospel, and even though I’m not perfect, God makes me humble to see His hand more in my life.  God is all powerful and wants to help us at all times, even if we turn away from him.  I am grateful for my weaknesses because we can come unto Him, and see that weak things can be strengthened through the power of Jesus Christ (Ether 12:26).

I Love You, My Beloved Family :)

Move forward in this path.  Please, send me your testimonies as well (in English if it is easier)    :)

With Love,

Sister Mather


-------------------------------------

2 Diciembre 2013

El Testimonio de la Hermana Mather

Durante mi misión, me ha dado cuenta que el don de la vida es hermosa.  Vida es preciosa, y mi familia es sumamente importante a mí.  Testifico que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero y puede acercarnos como familias.  Este Libro nos testifica del amor y preocupación de Dios para nosotros.  Dios quiere que regresemos a su lado y vivamos para siempre.  Para lograr esta meta, Dios ha proporcionado un plan … un plan maravilloso!  Un plan de felicidad!  El Libro de Mormón dice muchas veces que el Plan del Salvación ha sido preparado desde la fundación del mundo.  Yo sé que aceptamos este plan antes de vivir en la tierra.  Vimos todos los desafíos, dificultades, problemas, tristezas en la vida preterrenal, pero en cambio, más importante vimos la familia, los momentos de inexpresable gozo que vienen de la obediencia a los mandamientos de Dios.  He conocido muchas personas aquí en España, y todos tienen sus propios dificultades, pero no importa sus circunstancias, el Evangelio de Jesucristo les brinda un seguridad y razón para seguir adelante y luchar por lo bueno en la vida.

Al principio, aceptamos ese plan como espíritus – obtener un cuerpo y vivir afuera de la presencia de Dios.  Sabíamos que sería difícil y caeríamos.  Pero más que todo sabíamos que sería un Salvador, nuestro hermano Jesucristo.  La venida de Jesucristo a la tierra nos da el ejemplo de una vida perfecta y del amor de Dios para nosotros.  Dios mostró su amor por nosotros por enviarnos su hijo, y Jesucristo mostró su amor por sacrificarse para nosotros.  Amo a mi Salvador.  Sé que solamente por medio de Cristo, podemos ser limpios y superar nuestros imperfecciones y pecados.  Solamente por el sacrificio de Cristo.  La vida es difícil!  La misión para mí no es fácil tampoco pero es uno de los tiempos de humildad que veo el poder de Cristo lo más.  Cristo me ha sostenido y me he levantado.  A veces, Él es el Único que entiende lo que pasamos – las tristezas, las decepciones, nuestros pensamientos, enfermedades, etc.  Solo Él sabe.  Gracias a Jesucristo siempre tenemos el amigo en todo el mundo que nunca nos fallaba.  (Romanos 8:38-39)  He visto el poder de la gracia de Cristo para  seguir adelante cuando pienso que no puedo.  En realidad, no puedo según mis propias esfuerzas, pero con Dios, todo es posible.  TODO.  Por eso, quiero recordar el sufrimiento de Cristo cada día de mi vida, porque me hace pensar en cómo puedo mejorar y servir otras personas.  Estoy sumamente agradecida por la expiación, este milagro, en mi vida, y quiero compartirlo con todos!  Solo por medio de la expiación, podemos sentir aliviados del pecado y recibir poder del Padre.

Amo a mi familia y yo sé que es ordenada de Dios.  Es en la familia que podemos sentir lo más gozo y pena porque tenemos vínculos cercanos.  En mi bendición patriarcal, dice que “tu fue bendecido a nacer en dentro una familia de padres y hermanos que te aman.  Memorias y experiencias con tu familia serán significativas a ti por la duración de tu vida.  Recordarás las experiencias que aprendiste a los pies de tus padres y los sentimientos especiales y relaciones con sus hermanos y estas cosas te fortalecerán.”  No tengo mi familia por alguna coincidencia.  Ellos son los que me ayudan en cualquier momento y fuimos ordenados ser una familia antes de la fundación del mundo.  Los principios que yo aprendía a los pies de mi familia significan el mundo para mí y Dios sabía que yo necesitaría buenos padres y hermanos.  En verdad estas relaciones me fortalecen y me apoyan en momentos difíciles.  Mi testimonio crece con apoyo de mi familia hermosa.

Testifico que el poder de Dios es real.  Según mis propias fuerzas, soy débil (Alma 26:12) pero cuando no puedo seguir más adelante, el señor viene y me levanta.  De hecho, Dios está allí cada paso a lo largo del sendero.

Yo sé que todos en la tierra están caídos e imperfectos.  Dios solo tiene personas imperfectas con quien trabajar.  Veo a hora mis debilidades cada día más que antes en mi vida, pero he visto que Dios nos usa para obrar milagros.  Hay personas preparadas por este Evangelio, y aunque no soy perfecta, Dios me hace humilde para ver su mano más en mi vida.  Dios es todopoderoso y quiere ayudarnos en cada momento, aún si le dejamos.  Por eso, estoy agradecida por mis debilidades porque podemos venir a Él y ver luego que las cosas débiles pueden ser fortalecidos por el poder de Jesucristo (Ether 12:26)

Les Quiero, Mi Querida Familia  :)

Sigan adelante en éste sendero.  Por favor, envíenme sus testimonios también (en inglés si es más fácil)    :)

Con Amor,

La Hermana Mather

No comments:

Post a Comment