Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hola from Espana!


HOLA!

This is going to be a short email, I do not have much time. I just have enough time to say hi and that I love you, and I am safe. I am in Madrid can you believe it? Jetlag is fun, I am 8 hours ahead and I feel like a should be sleeping right now but it is so great! I feel so blessed becuase I was so nervous to say goodbye to family and leave so much behind. It can still be hard, but I have felt so comforted. It is amazing!n Ever since I walked into the MTC I have felt at peace. Wade, YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT! Even though I was only there for one night, and everyone was looking at us funny becuase we arrive on a day that wasn´t normal and even though we didn´t have nametags, there is such a spirit there, and you will meet some incredible people. I am so excited for you!  My night at Provo was interesting, I´m sure your wexperience will be MUY MUY diferente. Haha. We felt like no on eknew we were there, and we didn´t have a schedule just because it was so last minute. But the spirit was so strong, and the people are so kind and welcoming! I can just picture you there and I love it! I was sad to leave Provo! So we met with the Spain consulat and he gave us our visas and told us about Spain! We were able to walk around, eat and go to bed becuase we ahd to wake up early. June 11 I woke up at 5 am and our journey began. It was an adventure of packing up and getting on a bus, then the frontrunner, then the trax system, and to teh airport where we waited for a couple of hours, flew to new york, and then to Madrid! all of my days are mushed together and I am just glad I know which way is up right now. Haha.

Holy cow Wade. I love what you said about me seeming confident and you felt like I was ready to go at that point at security. That is the point in the airport that I felt a strength that was not my own. I felt at peace and ready to go, with confidence that the Lord would give me more strength once I could take that leap of faith! Thank you for telling me that!

The flights were long and I didn´t even feel nervous on them! What a tender mercy. Also, on the way to Spain, I sat next to a guy that didn´t speak English very well and we spoke in spanglish for 2 horas. Haha! We was asking about religion and telling me his opinion and I wanted to badly to share my testimony so badly, but I am not sure hwo it came out. I can´t wait to speak clearly. Speaking of sharing the gospel, we will already be going proselyting on Saturday in the park! I love it here! It is so personable and very small. The mission president has a voice like president Monson. If I close my eyes I feel like I am in general conference. I love it.

I did see Elder Stolk and a few other friends, but Elder Stolk is no longer at the MTC, he is in the field!

Wade, I wish I had more time, but I am so excited to hear about your setting apart and everything! My love for the family grows while I am away and I know they will be blessed for our service.

I loved reading your notes in my transfer journal, thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I really wish I had more time right now to tell you how much it meant to me and write notes to each of you personally :) I will try, but if not today, my Preparation Day is every thursday so I can next thursday. Which means this is the last time I will send an email to Wade before he is a missionary! I can´t wait to hear about the setting apart, and the MTC. I love you all so much! there are more pictures and stories to come next week! I wish I could tell you more, but just know that I appreciate all of the sacrifices that you have made and I love you so much. I look forward to hearing from you next Thursday!

I Love you!!!!!

Love,

Hermana Mather

p.s. My companion, Hermana Heims and I are so similar, I love her! And we were just called as Sister Training Leaders today!

p.p.s. sorry the grammar si bad, these keyboards are weird!

p.p.p.s. WWWWOOOOOWWW

No comments:

Post a Comment