Monday, August 4, 2014

"Here´s My Heart, O Take and Seal It" :)‏

4 Agosto 2014

I love looking back at every transfer of my mission and seeing the lesson that the Lord wanted me to learn. I was sitting in church two weeks ago, feeling a little bit discouraged for lots of little reasons, and I had the strong impression that I need to continue my study of learning about Christ. I thought how can I come to be more like Him? I wrote down "I continue to have the great impression that I need to study 3rd Nephi and ingrain in my mind even better WHO Christ is, how He reacted, what He taught, how we was obedient to Heavenly Father´s will in everything that He did, so that I know how I should act what whatever situation that comes before me. If I want to be like He is.  More worthy, more One with our Heavenly Father, I need to study Christ´s life. This way in any moment, we can ask 'What would Christ do?' and immediately, we have our answer." :) The next day our district leader asked each one of us to study these chapters and prepare a talk for district meeting about Christ. It was truly inspired and one of the most spiritual district meetings I have ever had.

I am amazed by Christ and His teachings.  As I began to study, planning on reading so much more than I did, I got stuck on 3 Nephi 11:7... God [Heavenly Father] has only really talked to us directly from the Bible and the Book of Mormon on rare occasions (Christ´s baptism, the Mount of Transfiguration, when Christ came the Americas, when He appeared with Christ to Joseph Smith) and each time, he says "Behold, My beloved son, in whom I am well-pleased". How can we be assured that God is please with us? If we have the potential to become more like Christ and God, our hope should be that God can say this about each and every one of us. Christ always glorified the Father and submitted Himself to God´s will. He always said "Let thy will be done" and never asked for what he wanted, just simply trusted in God´s divine plan and that all will be well in the end. WE have the great potential to submit ourselves to the Lord´s will everyday of our lives. There is no greater blessing than to be ALL IN... to give ALL to the Lord. Truly the entire purpose of this life is to put in harmony with the will of God, and I have come to know that it is the small and simple acts of faith that we do every day that makes this possible.  I have always loved the song "Come Thou Fount", we even sang it for my farewell if I remember right (haha I wasn't exactly singing.. good thing Amber was there as back-up) but many other things related to the gospel, it has SO MUCH more meaning in my life, what it says:

Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above

I am so grateful for Christ´s example of giving His heart, His service, His comfort, and His life for us. I am realizing more and more everyday that He truly marked the way for us, and all the Lord asks of us is to be more like Christ and give our heart to him. It is my goal to be one with God like Christ was...what a wonderful day it will be when we can all put our names in this scripture: Helaman 10:3-4. We can come to the point where we will not ask anything that is not the Lord´s will. I know that He can make more of us than we can make of ourselves. I feel so privileged to be a missionary and experience these changes in others every day, and see the Lord soften my heart everyday and allow us to see miracles. I know that he has laid the path out that we can obtain perfection and as we come to Him. Life is sweeter :)

It has been another week of LOTS of searching :) we try to keep the energy up and smiles on our faces :) I am not sure I could do it with anyone but Hermana Palomino. A little miracle happened this week, we have started teaching Veronica, the mother of Alison, and she is very receptive and timid. She accepted a visit last week, and Victor ended up being there, so we had a Family Home Evening with them completely unplanned! Alison brought out BINGO so we played the game first in our "backwards" FHE (and good thing, there was a lot of awkward ice to be broken, haha) since Victor and Veronica are justifying living under the same roof for the sake of their daughter. But we felt the spirit as we testified and taught of the restoration. Veronica has lots of questions and doubts, but she is one of the most sincere people I have ever met, I love how honest and open she is. I do not know God´s plan with their family, but I do know that He wants us to keep loving them and it will all be okay. I may not even be here to see Victor get baptized, and that is hard, but I do know that he will be a strong faithful member one day with his family by his side, however long that takes :)

Also just a few highlights of the week:

1. If anyone is looking for lessons on how to pray in Spanish, feel free to just sit by me while I am sleeping. Hermana Palomino and I woke up the other day and I asked how she slept like normal, and she said not so great, I was teaching how someone for a great amount of time how to pray, firmly testifying and teaching. haha all in Spanish. I suppose I dream and sleep talk in Spanish now.

2. Teaching Hermana Palomino English is a fun adventure. We met a pregnant lady the other day.... My companion now knows how to say "she´s about to pop!" haha not the most useful phrase, but hey she knows that and the first vision in English :)

I hope you all have a great week!

I have attached some pictures of the cool tree sweaters they have here, and a bazillion stairs we were walking up to find a less-active lady!

I love you!!!!

Love, Hermana Mather

PS. Oh, please look up this new Mormon Message: The Hope of God's Light. Its so great!





No comments:

Post a Comment