Monday, March 24, 2014

Last Week of the Transfer Already?‏

24 Marzo 2014

Wow, all I can say is that this transfer has flown by! I have now almost been in Alcobendas for 7 months (5 transfers) and with the Mission Tour, and companionship changes that have happened time really has flown. I feel SO blessed to have both of my companions. I feel like I haven’t told you much about them. Hermana Sanchez is 22, the most prepared missionary I have ever met before, and she has the GREATEST sense of humor. I love speaking Spanish with her ALL THE TIME. I have learned so much! It just breaks my little heart to think of receiving the transfer call this Saturday and finding out that we will be split up. I hope she comes with me wherever I might go. I have been feeling quite a bit of closure here, because missionaries don’t normally stay in an area for more than 5 transfers, and I feel like the rest of our investigators have progressed as much as they can with me... it is an interesting feeling! It will be like leaving home again I think.... I feel so close to all of the ward members and investigators here. But at the same time I feel like there is something else waiting for me out there, I really just hope I stay with Hermana Sanchez! (I would stay with Hermana Hansen if I could :)

Speaking of Hermana Hansen, I think you would appreciate knowing a little bit more about her. She was baptized 2 and a half years ago, she is 24 years old, and no one in her family is a member of the church. That would be so hard. A lot of her struggles have been because her parents don’t really understand what a mission is, and don’t know much about the church. She is incredible, I can’t imagine deciding to serve a mission so soon after being baptized, and she is an incredible example of teaching with the spirit and loving the people. She also makes yummy treats :) I want you all to meet her. We can take a trip to Norway and Granada and you can meet my companions :)

Gustavo was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Sunday! Our trio sang in sacrament meeting a mix of Accompañame and Quiero Amarte Salvador that we put together during weeks of companionship study every morning :) It went really well with three voices! Many people were crying afterwards :)

I love being a Sister Training Leader!!! Intercambios never fail to teach me that everyone works so differently as missionaries, and I feel so much love for different missionaries, their backgrounds, circumstances, and reasons why they decided to serve :) It is humbling and such a great learning experience.

Mom, there is a lady in our ward that has eyes like yours, just so you know! She always teaches in Relief Society and makes me think of you :) And the Relief Society President Ana, is incredible. She heard of a lady who is struggling, who left from church crying, and she asked me to go on splits with her and search for her and help her. We went to her house and nothing came of it as a result but I will never forget the example she showed me. It reminded me a lot of my own mother, who is always showing others that love that Christ has for them, and willing to sacrifice her time and energy to fulfill her calling. I want to be this person not only in the mission, but after as well!

Sorry this email is so short! Send some prayers this way. I think it will be a difficult week saying goodbye to Hermana Hansen and leaving the area perhaps. I love you all! Until next week!!

Love, Hermana Mather

No comments:

Post a Comment