Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Price We Pay to Become Acquainted with God‏

10 Febuero 2014

SO! This week! Transfers are coming up this week, and as always I am nervous. I am anxious to stay, to go, to get a new companion, but we just keep swimming and trusting that we will go where the Lord would have us go! I was really thinking a lot after our weekly district meeting about why I chose to go on a mission in the beginning and how I am still her on the mission and how those reasons have changed. At the beginning, I just felt everything in my life pointing me towards serving a mission! I didn't have a really firm reason but I knew that the was the Lord's will in my life, and going on a mission was like taking a step into the dark. But why am I still here? I have seen the "step into the dark" transform and become light. I discover more and more everyday that this is where the Lord wants me and my testimony has been strengthened of the Atonement. That we can week power from the Father in our moments of weakness. I think about how the greatest expressions of love we show are through sacrifices we make. I know Mom loves me because she would get up at 5:30 in the morning to make us breakfast before school EVERY DAY and I know Dad loves us because he wants us to do well in school and work for what we have. I know our Father in Heaven loves us because he sent His son, the greatest expression of love we will ever know. SACRIFICE. Because Christ sacrificed all for me, I should be able to sacrifice my wants and desires and personal needs here. I love this quote (from Our Heritage, page 78):

“I have pulled my handcart when I was so weak and weary from illness and lack of food that I could hardly put one foot ahead of the other. I have looked ahead and seen a patch of sand or a hill slope and I have said, I can go only that far and there I must give up, for I cannot pull the load through it. . . . I have gone on to that sand and when I reached it, the cart began pushing me. I have looked back many times to see who was pushing my cart, but my eyes saw no one. I knew then that the angels of God were there.

“Was I sorry that I chose to come by handcart? No. Neither then nor any minute of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay, and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Handcart Company.”

I love this!!! Sometimes I feel like I can only go so far, but that is where God makes up for it! I knows us and loves us. Sorry the email is so short this week!

We have been doing lot of contacting and knocking doors in rainy weather. Taught some quality lessons and emphasized that our investigators need to be converted to God and not to us, since we are not sure what will be happening to us next transfer. Since my email is so short I am going to send some of Hermana Aagards to explain our week. hahaha she is so funny I love her:

Ok. Its going to be short. It was a good week, normal week. We contacted a lot, taught some quality lessons, we are working to have our investigators become CONVERTED to this gospel, and not us. We have really been working to push our investigators to keep their covenants so they can see the blessings that come from obedience. We told Marcos that God has to come first, or nothing else matters. That made him think, he definitely has not put God first before in his life….made me think if I am putting Gods desires before mine. Do I think of his will before mine? Marcos is progressing, but he told us this change of priorities is going to take some time..

We also taught Alba and Walter. I sure love them. They had zero problem with the word of wisdom. They love the church, but want to take baptism slow. They are great. Probably some of my favorite people I have met here in Spain!!

Also. Transfers this week. Start predicting. Who goes who stays? Will we have a 5th together?

Permy hermys update. Responses to our new hair were (in no particular order): ugly, exotic, did they make a mistake?, guapisima, soooo pretty, beautiful, do they do elders hair hahah its been a roller coaster of self esteem this week. Want to be humble? Get a perm from beauty students hahah. 

So have a great week! Did I mention I got a perm, yeah probably not my smartest decision ever, I hope our investigator that did it gets baptized haha.

Love you! Hermana Mather

No comments:

Post a Comment